Wil jij helpen op het congres Intelligence en Counterintelligence? Dan zijn we op zoek naar jou! Zie de vacature hieronder.
Do you want to help during the Conference on Intelligence and Counterintelligence? We’re looking for you!
On the 20th and 21st of June 2023 NHL Stenden’s Thorbecke Academy – with support from the IT and Creative Technology Academy and Maritime Institute Willem Bartentsz – are hosting a conference. We are looking for someone to act as point of contact for participants and presenters.
We are looking for someone to:
- Answer questions from participants and presenters
- Be the go-to person during the conference
- Manage contacts with presenters
- Hours: we ask you to be available for a meeting before the conference and full time during the conference on the 20th and 21st of June.
- On location during the conference (Zuidersingel 12, Assen)
We’re looking for 6 students that:
- Can speak English fluently
- Are professional
- Preferably a student or alumnus from Thorbecke Academy (e.g. Safety and security management or European Studies).
What’s in it for you?
- Financial compensation (minimum wage)
- Great working experience
- Great networking opportunity
The theme of the conference is: Foreign interference, disruption, and covert manipulation. Foreign interference, disruption and covert manipulation have been integral to European statecraft long before modernity, yet have dramatically escalated in recent years along with the increasing post-cold-war geopolitical instability and contemporary technological transformations. The stakes are high, and the challenges are great. Interference and covert action are situated in the liminal space between war and diplomacy, and often exploit entrenched social, economic and political vulnerabilities. Their effects and unintended consequences can be no less powerful and devastating as those of open, kinetic warfare.
How to apply
Are you interested? Send a letter of motivation and CV in English before the 31st of May to email@example.com.